This section of the OESChapters.org (OESC) How-To Procedures provides detailed step-by-step instructions about how to delete a desired page in the OESC environment.
Note that Chapter content editors should be deleting ONLY content pages and never deleting any structural page in the OESC environment. A content page would be a specific blog page, a newsletter page, a photos page etc, A structural page would be -any- page that is a menu or navigational page. These are typically locked and protected from accidental deletion, but not universally so.
Deleting an existing page requires three steps, summarized below and detailed below the summary.
- Locate the page to be changed
- Delete the page from the OESC Server
- Update any pages that reference the deleted page
Locate the page to be deleted
- Log in to the OESC environment using the credentials provided by your Chapter’s OESC Administrator (typically the Chapter Secretary). See How To-Log in to the OESC Environment for detailed instructions if required.
- Search for your desired page. See How To-Locate Specific Content for detailed instructions if required.
Delete the page from the OESC Server
- Click the red Trash option at the right end of the page’s line in the list of all pages to send the page to the trash bin.
Update any pages that reference the deleted page
- Using the procedure to change an existing page, update any pages that link to the deleted page and remove the links so that there are no links in the OESC environment that point to a non-existing page and cause a ERROR404 page not found condition.
Page last changed 07/14/2020