This section provides information about how to delete an existing member from the Chapter’s membership roster in the OESChapters.org (OESC) website.
By nature, a Chapter’s membership roster is Chapter member private so that only members of the Chapter involved may view the roster. Further, only specially designated individual(s), usually only the Chapter Secretary, may make any changes to the roster’s data content so that data security and integrity is maintained.
If you are the appropriately authorized individual, do the following to make roster changes.
Deleting an existing member:
- Log in to the OESC environment with your assigned user name and password,
- Click the home page link located at the left of the main navigational menu bar
- Click the Log In button located in the META section at the right side of the home page.
- Enter your assigned user name and password credentials in the WordPress login-in screen.
You should be returned to the OESC home page. If not, correct your login credentials and repeat the above.
When you are successfully logged-in and returned to the OESC home page, navigate to your Chapter’s roster page
- Click Chapters on the home page navigational menu bar.
- Select your Chapter from the Chapter list presented.
- Click your selected Chapter number to enter your Chapter’s home page.
- Scroll down to the Membership roster link and click it.
You should be be seeing the Chapter’s membership roster.
- Click the “Z” alphabetical list link and then scroll down to the end of the page and click the edit link located in the lower right corner of the bottom of the list.
You will now be in editing mode for the roster page.
- Insure that you are seeing the internal coding rather than the display by clicking the ‘text’ button located in the upper right corner of the page.
- Scroll to the member you wish to delete.
Carefully delete all the member’s data, including the single blank line that follows the member’s data block. An example of the data you need to delete is shown below
12345 Main Dr.
Hometown, CA 92000-1234
Note that there should be exactly one (1) blank line before and after the remaining name data after the deleted member’s information is removed.. If the member in question is the first name within an alphabetical letter group there is no blank line before the name.
Click the “visual” button at the upper right corner of the page to insure you get the desired result. If spacing or content are incorrect, return to the ‘text’ mode and correct the content.
Insure that you update the “Page Last Updated mm/dd/yyyy” line at the bottom of the page to the correct current date.
When the content is correct, click the update link located at the right side of the page near the top to update the page.
Page last updated 09/07/2016