This section provides information about how to update the Chapter’s officer list at year-end when a new Chapter year begins and most of the officers names change.
There are two major steps in year-end officer list maintenance which need to be performed in sequence:
- Archiving the current year page and converting it into a “prior year” page and then adding the new prior year page to the OESC environment.
- Changing the current Officer page to reflect the new Chapter year officers.
To archive the current year page as a “prior year” page do the following in order. This function involves three major steps, as follows:
1. Duplicate the current page.
- Locate the current year’s officer list page. See locating specific content for details.
- Click the TEXT button located in the upper right corner of the page
- Select all of the text on the page from the top down to the last officer. Do not select any existing links that may exist at the bottom of the page linking to existing prior year officer pages.
- “COPY” the selected text.
- Click the “NEW PAGE” link at the top of the page to open a new, blank page.
- Click the “TEXT” button again to insure that you are in text mode.
- Paste the copied data into the page
- In the Aspen page properties section towards the bottom of the page
- Check the “Hide Standard Header image” option to exclude the header image
- Check the “Hide Page on the default Primary Menu” option
- At the right side of the screen locate the “Parent Page” box and select the Chapter’s current officer page “ZZ999 Officers” so that the archived page is subordinate to the current year page.
- In the “category” section located at the right side of the screen click the chapter number ZZ999 (not ZZ999 Private).
- Name the duplicated page “ZZ999 Officers YYYY”
- Click the Publish button at the right side of the screen to publish the page.
2. Linking the newly created archive page into the current officer list page.
- After publishing the now prior year duplicated page in the step above return to the current year officer list page in edit mode.
- Insure that you are in visual mode by clicking the “VISUAL” button located at the upper right corner of the page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- You will be inserting a link to the newly created “prior year” page immediately after the last officer listed and in front of any other prior year page links so that the most recent prior year is at the top the list of links.
- Once the cursor is properly positioned at the insertion point click the “insert link” icon at the top of the screen. This should be the 11th icon from the left.
- The name field should be “ZZ999-YYYY Chapter Officers”
- The page linked-to should be the page you just created and published.
- Click the “SUBMIT” button to insert the link
- Click the “UPDATE” button at the right side of the screen to update the page.
- Navigate to the Chapter’s officer list page to verify that it properly displays the now current year officers and that the prior year link reads correctly and displays the prior year page when clicked.
3. Update the current officers page for the newly installed officers for the new year
- Open the page for editing
- Key over the existing officer names to change the name to reflect the new officers for the new term year.
- Click the “UPDATE” button at the right side to update the page.
Navigate to the officers list page and verify all is correct, repeating the above steps to correct any issues discovered.
Page last updated 09/07/2016